Hello family, friends, and followers,
My name is Miss Kasey Smith, and I am a student teacher in the Teacher Education Program at the University of the Fraser Valley. I started my first year of university, in the 2008-2009 school year, at Merrimack College in Boston, Massachusetts where I received athletic and academic scholarships. In 2009, I moved back home to Abbotsford and completed my Bachelor of Arts degree in history and visual arts and graduated in June 2013. During my years at the University of the Fraser Valley, I was volunteering in the Abbotsford School District in kindergarten, grade two, and grade three classes; I was always employed at Starbucks Coffee Co. where I worked as a barista.
I just finished my teaching certification practicum in a grade seven classroom in the Abbotsford School District where I taught science, math, PE, and health and career education. I had a wonderful practicum experience and learned a great amount from my students and teacher mentor; I also coached the grade 7 boys' volleyball team and the grades 7 and 8 girls' rugby team. At the end of my practicum, I had the opportunity to travel to Antigua, West Indies with the University of the Fraser Valley's Champions for Health Promoting Schools Program for two weeks where I mentored two kinesiology undergraduate students in classroom management strategies. My experience in Antigua helped shape me into the teacher I am today and has greatly expanded my knowledge as an educator.
My name is Miss Kasey Smith, and I am a student teacher in the Teacher Education Program at the University of the Fraser Valley. I started my first year of university, in the 2008-2009 school year, at Merrimack College in Boston, Massachusetts where I received athletic and academic scholarships. In 2009, I moved back home to Abbotsford and completed my Bachelor of Arts degree in history and visual arts and graduated in June 2013. During my years at the University of the Fraser Valley, I was volunteering in the Abbotsford School District in kindergarten, grade two, and grade three classes; I was always employed at Starbucks Coffee Co. where I worked as a barista.
I just finished my teaching certification practicum in a grade seven classroom in the Abbotsford School District where I taught science, math, PE, and health and career education. I had a wonderful practicum experience and learned a great amount from my students and teacher mentor; I also coached the grade 7 boys' volleyball team and the grades 7 and 8 girls' rugby team. At the end of my practicum, I had the opportunity to travel to Antigua, West Indies with the University of the Fraser Valley's Champions for Health Promoting Schools Program for two weeks where I mentored two kinesiology undergraduate students in classroom management strategies. My experience in Antigua helped shape me into the teacher I am today and has greatly expanded my knowledge as an educator.
No comments:
Post a Comment